Tuesday, January 25, 2011

End of week #8 Continued...

Here are the step by step pictures of my second chair.


I completely sanded the chair down with a palm sander. I used a very fine sand paper because I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint it or leave some of its original character.


After sanding it there was just still too much green left and it lots of places the (from wear) the paint was completely gone.

So it got a fresh coat of paint. I chose white for this chair to bring it back to it's original color, I think it looks great!

For the seat I got a sheet of newspaper and laid it down on top of the chair to trace the seat design. I then cut out the design and taped it to my plywood and traced it on. I used a jigsaw to cut out a new seat, cut a peice of foam (that I bought at hobby lobby) and then wrapped the seat with fabric and using a staple gun I stapled the fabric (tight) around the new seat.


Tada!!



I moved it around several times before I got them where I wanted them.
This table and my coffee table were given to me years ago by Mrs. Price. They started looking pretty rough so I sanded them down and painted them and gave them new life. They look like completely different tables now, it's amazing what a simple coat of paint will do.

Here are just a few random pictures that I had in my camera of the house. I thought I took better ones than this... but I didn't.

I love old furniture... especially if it belonged to someone I love. This piece was my Granny EI's (my Poppy's mom) entertainment center and it was built by my Uncle Marcus (Poppy's brother). They are both passed now and I am honored to have it in my house.

New entertainment center that my Granny and Poppy gave us. We love it! Thank you!!!


We bought this clock at Hobby Lobby this weekend with some Christmas gift cards! So thank you again Mom & Jared and Heather!! :)

My neighbor Jamie Dickerson made us this cross for a housewarming gift! She is so talented!!! Thank you Jamie!! :)

This weekend I plan to take better pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I got teary eyed when I saw Granny and Reed's entertainment center. It was so much bigger in my mind. Probably because I haven't seen it in at least 15 years. I'm so glad you kept it and have found a place for it in your new home. I know my dad would really feel special:)

    ReplyDelete